Supervision and Management of Direct Report
· Assist the Project Manager to manage, train and develop the Monitoring and Evaluation team
· Identify direct reports capacity development needs and in consultation with the Project Manager
· Guide direct reports prepare performance plans and appraise them in consultation with Project Manager and partner staff.
Develop an appropriate MEAL system in line with the HER Sector design and objectives
· Continually examine specific G2L and AMAL project output components to be monitored and evaluated.
· Develop monitoring, accountability and reporting tools for the project and programs’ outputs, suggest modifications and develop new and appropriate tools as necessary.
· Provide routine guidance to G2L and AMAL on field testing and use of new innovative monitoring tools as they are developed and refine them for SRH/GBV Sector use.
Facilitate the implementation of G2L and AMAL HER Sector MEAL system and ensure accuracy of data and information collected.
· Take the lead in training all staff in understanding and use of all monitoring and reporting tools.
· Review field reports to ensure that they respond to the G2L and AMAL project objectives and comply with sector indicators.
Ensure G2L and AMAL data and information collected are analyzed and made accessible to the management in a form usable for decision-making.
· Establish a filing system for various program activities to ensure easy retrieval of information as and when needed.
· Develop an appropriate project database of the sector to facilitate processing of required information.
· Continually analyze G2L and AMAL field data to verify status as and when necessary, and produce daily, weekly, monthly/quarterly data computation and analysis reports for use by project/project management.
· Verify the validity of field data by making routine field visits to check adherence to agreed data collection methods and authenticity of collected information.
· Documentations of lessons learnt, good practices and support the G2L and AMAL writing refereed papers for publication
Supervision, Liaison and collaboration with other projects, and agencies (e.g. UN, INGOs, State and Local Government Area (LGA).
· Supervise, review and coordinate contracted consultants and any other persons assigned to MEAL officer
· Facilitate collaboration on MEAL with other agencies in the region to ensure uniformity in tracking of SRH/GBV Sector indicators.
· Promote good PR and enhance CARE’s positive image during presentations
· Perform any other monitoring and evaluation duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the Project Manager or her/his designate