Job Title: Assistant Project Manager (AMAL)
Employment Category: Contract
Employment Type: Full-Time
Vacancy Type: National
Reporting to: Project Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Job Responsibility #1: Staff Management
- Effectively supervise all direct reports in the performance of their duties
- Ensure the proper implementation of CARE's performance management system for direct reports, including job description and annual performance objectives development, regular feedback, mid-term reviews and annual performance appraisals.
- Proactively address performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching.
- Identify necessary staff development and career development opportunities for direct reports.
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined, understood and followed by direct reports.
- Ensure that direct report work is guided by CARE’s core value commitment.
Job Responsibility #2: Quality Controls and Assurance
- Support in regular assessments of the Young Mothers’ Clubs facilitators and develop coaching plans for to improve capacity of the facilitators.
- Ensure that the best practices identified during the conduct of activities at the clubs during the supervisory and exchange meetings
- Document all aspects of community and provider engagements in the six locations
- Prepare reports of quality activities within the allotted time and submit them to the PM
- Ensure that reports and returns are submitted to the management and relevant government authorities as stipulated in the regulations and policies
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring and Learning
- Ensure the regular collection of data in the supported HF, compile in the database attendances, curriculum discussions and analysis of the data collected in order to make recommendations to the supported health structures and the Project Manager
- Participate in monthly tripartite meetings bringing together YMC, providers and community facilitators, CARE staff and the Health District to analyze the data, identify the difficulties encountered and help them find solutions
- Contribute to the preparation of assessment and monitoring missions
- Supports monitoring and evaluation initiatives at selected facilities/communities including submission of monthly scorecards and quarterly reports
- Maintain and use strong monitoring systems to track and report on activities and results to support effective delivery of the AMAL goals
- Periodically review performance metrics with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer and employ use of data for decision making that promotes high quality implementation
- Facilitate documentation and dissemination of appropriate case studies, experiences, best practice and lessons
- Encourage sharing of learning and experience with the team, across the organization and with like-minded/peer organizations
Job Responsibility #4: Project Implementation
- Coordinate project team planning activities, including the development of annual, semi-annual and quarterly work plans.
Job Responsibility #5: Perform other duties as assigned
Not limited only to:
- Participate in the development of new projects
- Participate in the development of budgets and expenditure plans.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.