Job Responsibility #1: Grants Management
- Support the coordinating, monitoring and the implementation of the donor-funded project and programs.
- Support the full cycle of grants management activities from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Maintain a grant tracking mechanism to track all grant management performance indicators for effectively monitoring of grant activities to ensure progress and KPIs are met.
- Ensure grant management procedures are followed and donor compliance requirements are met.
- Prepare donor financial reports of the project within the deadlines and formats required by the donors and ensure coherence with project progress.
- Support budget preparation, modification and ensure timely reflection on PeopleSoft.
- Review and ensure donor reports are coherent, accurate and submitted timely. Maintain monthly reporting compliance tracker for assigned portfolios.
- Ensuring projects are implemented in compliance with CARE International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
- Maintain and update grant files (electronic and hard copy files).
- Coordinate grant audit exercise and ensure no exceptions/disallowances.
- Participate and facilitate monthly BVA and coordination meetings a to review project progress with clear action points.
- Support the programmatic and administrative close-out of grants including close-out and learning workshops, final reporting, asset disposals, income reconciliation and all donor required project close-out actions.
Job Responsibility #2: Partner Management
- Provide technical support (capacity building) to project / program implementation partners in financial management and reporting, and ensure timely liquidation of advances.
- Ensure partner receives funds timely for project implementation and monitor partner budget performance ensuring ineligible expenditures are not incurred.
- Process and follow up on partner awards and solicitation process including call for proposals/applications and expression of interests. This includes ensuring FFATA compliance and quality due diligence assessments for all partners.
- Monitor monthly the status of the partner's unliquidated advances; Actively participate in project / program or staff planning meetings.
- Establish a work plan (monitoring and support) of the financial activities of all project partners and review partner budget to provide advisory and support where necessary.
- Participate in the various evaluations of the partnership within the framework of the partnership.
- Submit a quarterly report of progress and difficulties encountered by each partner and prepare a risk mitigation plan identified.
- Monitor partner burn rate and offer timely advice to the partner and programs team for prompt action and decision-making.
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on donor compliance requirements/obligations and monitor compliance.
- Facilitate partner compliance visit and health checks with the support of project and finance team.
- Participate in regular audit of CARE’s procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible areas of improvement.
- Identify timely project and partner compliance issues and escalate for timely mitigation.
- Support in training staff and partners on donor policies, rules, and regulations.
- Document and share key compliance issues with CARE International staff and partners setting ground for compliance management
Job Responsibility #4: Finance Support
- Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction
- Review day to day financial transactions and documents including Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and requisitions where appropriate.
- Reconcile and regularize the transit account.
- Prepare monthly income tax, withholding tax and pensions contributions of staff for payment to the appropriate pensions’ funds.
- Reconcile Tax and pensions accounts and initiate the necessary adjustment.
- Monitor official receipt booklets.
- Ensure periodic control and documentation of the petty cash.
- Provide support for cash disbursement and vendor payment.
- Assist in the preparation of Country Office budgets.
- Contribute to CARE’s resource mobilization efforts
Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- A degree in Accounting, Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least three years of experience working in project and/or grants management.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Experience working with multi-donor projects.
- Experience with donor funding regulations, procedures, and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal, cultural, and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective working with and through partners
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills)
- Building Effective Teams
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Comfort around Higher management
- Business Acumen
- Organizational Agility
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Qualified Women are strongly encouraged to apply.