Job Responsibility #1: Project Policy and Advocacy Technical Support
- Lead CARE Nigeria’s advocacy efforts from development to implementation including producing issue analyses, policy proposals, campaign messages, campaign strategies, and action alerts.
- Leadership, supervision and guidance of staff, and consultants to ensure coherence in the implementation of CASCADE work plan and quality delivery of policy and advocacy initiatives.
- Effectively manage the Project’s resources towards the successful achievement of the Project’s outputs and objectives based on CARE-GAIN consortium best practices.
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies and corresponding work plans to achieve anticipated nutrition policy changes at the state and federal levels in Nigeria.
- Develop supporting documentation (agenda, talking points, presentations, agreements, and meeting notes) for all multi-sector engagements.
- Support, develop, and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, including the private sector, civil society and other development partners as well as research institutions and academia to achieve the desired impact for CASCADE project.
- Organize policy dialogues, maintain regular communication with stakeholders, represent CARE and CASCADE program externally as may be appropriate.
- Gather evidence to support the development of advocacy documents and presentations, including policy briefs, and fact sheets for both internal and external purposes.
- Work in consultation with CARE communication team to document and translate CASCADE program implementation experiences for policymakers and advocacy partners.
- Building capacity of local partners, including providing technical assistance to local partners, on the development and implementation of effective advocacy strategies/initiatives or approaches on key CASCADE areas of interest and leading grassroots activism.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and dissemination of cross-program lessons learned, best practices, and experience.
- Ensure synergy with other emerging Advocacy issues in other programs across CARE Nigeria.
- Develop and ensure timely submission of project reports and other deliverables, as may be directed by the Team Leader and Project Manager from time to time.
Job Responsibility #3: Innovation and Judgment
- Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Devises new systems and processes, and modifies existing ones, to support innovative behaviours.
Job Responsibility #4: Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture within CARE
- In-depth knowledge policy issues affecting Nutrition.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas.
- Acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Contribute to CARE’s resource mobilization efforts
Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Advanced Degree in Public Policy or International Policy and Development or related qualification.
- 5years or more of relevant experience with a preference for Agricultural/Food Security/ Nutrition policy and advocacy experience.
- Deep knowledge of policy and development issues on hunger and nutrition (Sustainable Development Goal 2).
- In-depth understanding of how food and nutrition development policies at the federal, as well as state-level, are formulated, enacted, and implemented.
- Ability to identify and initiate strategic partnerships as well as leverage on and build networks.
- Ability to work across teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in relevant policy work and building government capacity, particularly regarding policy development.
- Demonstrated ability to build, negotiate and maintain relationships with senior-level government and private sector counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders and partners
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, build capacity, motivate, and manage staff, consortium partners, and/or sub-contractors.
- Experience with regional organizations, including regional economic communities, will be an added advantage.
- Building Effective Teams
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Comfort around Higher management
- Business Acumen
- Organizational Agility
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Qualified Women are strongly encouraged to apply.